Monday, November 3, 2014

The Weekend

My weekend went great, although it feels like we completely skipped fall & went straight to winter (Georgia weather for you -__-) we made the best of it.
My weekend usually starts Friday even though I work all weekend I count it because my fiancé doesn't work so that means staying up which I don't mind, even though I work early in the morning. Sometimes I start thinking (like now lol) ever since I met my fiancé we have been inseparable. We literally spend every day together whether early in the day, at night, or sometimes all day! & till this day I have not got tired of it! Sometimes & even in dating you eventually need "me" time, & I know I would in the past. But now it's so different, I can't imagine not spending a day without him.
He literally is my best friend!
............................
Okay woah I went off subject big time lol.
Oh yeah, Friday. So for me it's a work day, from 10-7 I am in the salon. About 6:30pm my fiancé usually gets there from work to eat, from there we go to his house so he can change for church.
On Friday's there is youth service at the church we attend & lately my little brother has been going with us as well which makes me so happy because I have been praying for it. It has taken a while but I know God is always faithful & His timing is perfect.

The preaching was titled Warm Bodies: Starving for love
[Ephesians 2]
One reason I love Open Heavens is because they always give amazing messages, & Friday was no exception. Pastor Heber did an amazing job. He spoke on becoming a spiritual zombie. See sometimes we forget how amazing God is, we forget everything he has done for us or maybe we just get frustrated waiting for His promises & we forget everything is done at His perfect timing so we tend to slowly fall out of God's path. We start hanging out with the wrong people, doing the wrong things & we stop craving God's word. & Just like a zombie we have no sense of direction, we feed on things of the world & we are never satisfied!
See in the movie "Warm Bodies" the zombie's heart starts beating again when he sees a girl & he becomes human again. How? By Love.
If you have encountered God you know the feeling when you first do. For me it was an overwhelming feeling of love, to know someone loved me so much that He died for me! It just sends chills down my spine, & brings tears to my eyes. Well that’s the feeling we should have everyday, let's never get accustom, use to, or just do it out of habit. We should be amazed with Him just like we were when we first encountered Him!
If we have fallen out of God's path & have become zombies, there is good news. God loves us so much that He will always be there for us & never ever leave us. He is just waiting for you to ask, "God restart my heart."
Let me tell you it's not easy leaving things you once loved or even making new friends because your old friends weren't being a good influence but when you overcome it all, you will feel alive again, renewed & free! You will be walking with direction & purpose.
All it takes is that one step of faith.
After church we went to Stake & Shake with close friends, let's just say if it were up to us we would stay up talking & never sleep lol. But we have to work sooo that doesn't really work out lol.
Saturday I had to wake up early (5am) to go & prepare fruit arrangements for the venue so since it's fresh fruit it has to be made the same day. After we finished them we placed them on each guest table & then I went to work at the salon until 7.
After work I was extremely tired but we decided to go to Hell's Gate which is a alternative to a hunted house, it takes you through 9 different scenes that are based on the book of Revelation, including the Great Tribulation period. Let's just say it's so much scarier then a hunted house & I have been to several. Not going to lie it even made me cry. So worth going, they are at a church in Dawsonville, Ga every October.
Sunday was a relaxing day, went to work from 10-6 & then hung out with my fiancé all night watching tv series (right now our favorite is FleMarket Flip, obsessed lol) & snacking on yummy food.
Another fun weekend! :)




Oversized Sweater: h&m | Scarf: h&m | Boots: DSW

On the way to Hell's Gate

Jacket: Forever21 | Sweater: AE | Scarf: JCPenny | Jeans: AE | Boots: Target



Can you tell I love Starbucks?? Especially the pumpkin spice latte! :P
Btw: thank you Mari for the latte. :)


xoxo, JazminV
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment