Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Long Island, New York | Part 2

The last few days in Long Island were truly unforgettable with a day trip to Montauk to see the lighthouse, visiting the well known Jones Beach to spending the New Year with my soon to be, amazing family! By far one of the greatest trips I have ever taken & without a doubt a place I will visit again! (sooner then later lol)



Montauk Light House
Although it was freezing to the point I couldn't feel my fingers, it was an amazing sight to see.
I cannot wait until we come when it's much warmer out to enjoy it a little more. & yes I admit I took of my jacket just for some pictures but the whole time I was shivering like crazy lol. 

Carvel Ice Cream
Oh it was love at first taste lol.
At first being as cold as it was I was not okay when my fiancĂ© decided he wanted ice cream. I was just like seriously in this weather! He insisted that is was the best I will ever taste so I was like okay. But little did I know this soft serve goodness was not cold. Sounds weird right, ice cream that isn't cold! Well it is weird because I was expecting to bite into coldness but was surprised when I didn't. & it hard to explain but if I had to let's see.... it was so soft that it wasn't  cold. Hahaha I have no clue you just have to try it for yourself. But it was delicious & since I have gotten back I seriously crave it everyday lol!

   
Bay Deli
The next morning we stopped by this deli here & had some amazing sandwiches that my fiancé would always get growing up in Huntington. So I figured something out.... & not even joking the food alone here could get me to stay lol.

  



  Jones Beach
Last view of a beach we would see on our trip & by far the best!
So this beach is the spot during the summer with many parking lots to fit thousands of cars. & not only for just the beach but for the beachside concerts that they have here every summer. I seriously cannot wait until we visit for the summer to attend one of these.

I missed seeing homes like these where I am from, all decked out in Christmas lights. So I was excited to see this lol.

Handmade cookies from my fiancé's sweet cousin.

The rest of the day we spent it with family bringing in the New Year. The perfect ending & beginning to the year!


xoxo, JazminV
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment