Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Long Island, New York | Part 1

Well what can I say about my favorite part of my New York trip, I mean I love the city but what I love even more are low key, small, & unique spots. & Long Island gave me that & more.
From the multiple beach spots to water front museums, every where my fiancé took me had me falling more & more in love with Long Island.
First stop & where we would be staying at is Huntington. This is where my fiancé grew up at & has had so many amazing memories there. He was so excited to show me around & I was excited to visit all the places he would visit while growing up.





Huntington Beach | Only 1 of the many






Vanderbilt Mansion Museum 
Such an amazing spot from the spanish styled home to the amazing waterfront scenery, you can tell that the Vanderbilt house was the spot way way back in the day lol. First thing I told my fiancé was "can you imagine having a carne asadas (cook out) here, I mean this would be the spot!" lol.
Such a beautiful home!

After the museum we got hungry & immediately my fiancé knew the first food spot he wanted to go to lol. Pupusas! It's a traditional Salvadorian dish made of thick, handmade corn tortilla & is usually filled with a blend of cheese, pork meat, & beans. In Georgia we have very few spots where they make these but in New York they are everywhere & by far these were the best I had ever ate!



Centerport Beach

The rest of the day we spent it at the village in Huntington & visiting a lot of my fiancé's family which at first I was nervous about but little by little I started to get less nervous meeting them because they where the sweetest people ever & in a way they reminded me of my family which made me much more comfortable. The whole day was better then I could have ever imagined!


xoxo, JazminV 


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment